Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tip of The Day: Organizing Spices

     Do you ever open your spice cabinet or look at your spice rack and it takes forever to find what you are looking for? A lot of people have this problem, just keep it the way it is, and deal with it. But why deal with it when you can take a little bit of time and organize them once and for all? Well, I'll admit, I'm guilty of this, I haven't done it yet but I am hoping to this week. (Look for that post soon!)
     People have many different ways of keeping their spices but everyone can employ a few simple methods to keep them all organized. You may have a cabinet you keep them in, a stationary rack, a rotating rack or even perhaps a pull out drawer or rack. I currently have both a cabinet and a rotating rack. The rack sits on the counter underneath the cabinet where there are more spices. 
     One tip is to make sure that your bottles are well labeled. If you use the bottle from the store they are normally well labeled but if you are using a spice rack with special containers, be sure that put a label on them. Eventually I am going to get rid of some of the spices that I don't use and fill them with spices that I do and relabel the containers. 
     Another tip I have is to organize all of your spices in alphabetical order. This way you will always know where to find the spices that you are looking for. Just be sure to put them back where they go!
     My last tip is to put a small round sticker on the bottom of the container and mark the date it was opened. This way you will always know the freshness of your spices and know when you need to replace them. By doing this you will be OrganizedForReal in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment