Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Meal Plan and Prep: Week of Sept 24th

     Monday morning is always the day that I plan my meals for the week and get groceries. So here is what this week's menu looks like...


Monday-
Lunch- Leftover Taco Soup
Supper- Bacon and eggs and pancakes

Tuesday-
Lunch- Leftover Taco Soup
Supper- Naan pizzas

Wednesday-
Lunch- Leftover smokies from freezer
Supper- White Chili
             Cabbage Salad

Thursday-
Lunch- Leftover smokies
Supper- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
             Raspberry Salad

Friday-
Lunch- Leftover alfredo
Supper- Croation Brats
             Brussel sprouts

Saturday-
Lunch- Leftovers
Supper- Leftovers

Sunday-
Lunch- Eat Out
Supper- Popcorn and snacks

     So I got my groceries at Fareway and spent less than 40 dollars for the whole week! Awesome! I'm so happy about that! Once I got home it was time to prep some of the food for the week like I talked about in my post about putting away groceries. I started by putting some chicken in a big pot with a little water in the bottom, then I added lots of seasoning to it and let it cook. 

While the chicken was cooking I decided to chop the veggies. I chopped broccoli and red bell pepper for supper on Thursday. I went ahead and put it in a bag and labeled it Chicken Alfredo. 

Then after the chicken was cooking I seperated it like this. 

I took out the chicken itself and then strained the broth. I sliced half the chicken for chicken alfredo and shredded the rest for white chili. In the bag for the white chili I added back what I had strained from the broth as I had added dehydrated onion and this will be a good addition to the chili. I labeled them like this and put them in the freezer. 


Then I left the broth sit in the container for a little while and then skimmed the fat off the top. Then I poured it into ice cube trays and froze them for about 6 hours. It made 22 cubes or 22 oz. I them took them out of the trays and put them in a resealable bag and labeled it. I will be using some of the broth for the chili this week. 
So by doing this I am Organized CookingForReal!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used dehydrated onion, garlic powder, black pepper and italian seasoning! It was great!

    ReplyDelete