Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Recipe Taco Soup

     It's definitely fall around here. It's cold and damp today. So it's the perfect day for soup!!! So I thought I would try a new recipe for taco soup. My mom always used to make taco soup when I was little but I hated it. As I got older I began to really like it. It is such a hearty soup but it is still different then chili. Here is the recipe I used. 

1 lb ground turkey
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 medium red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 15 oz can black beans- drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can black eyed peas- drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can pinto beans- drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can corn
1 15 oz can of Mexican style tomatoes
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup salsa

Brown the meat in a large pan. Add onion and bell pepper, sauté for a few minutes. 
Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Simmer. Top with your favorite soup toppings like shredded cheese or tortilla chips!

That's it! Can it be any easier??? You can add a little more water if it gets too thick for you. You could also put this in a crockpot and cook on low for several hours. This can also be frozen for up to 6 months in a resealable freezer bag or container.
How does it look?


No comments:

Post a Comment