Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Food Prep For the Week of Oct 1, 2012

     Ok, so I know that was Monday but things have been crazy around here to say the least! I'm trying to pack, I've been sick, we haven't been able to see the condo yet and the list goes on. But I wanted to fill you in on my prep for this weeks food. This week was pretty simple because I have planned quick easy food using stuff I already had so there was less to move. So two weeks ago I got out of the grocery store with less than 40 dollars of groceries and I thought that I had done well but this week was even better! I only spent a little more than 20 dollars for the whole week!!! Awesome!
     For this week there wasn't really much prep that I could do but I wanted to share with you what I did for the burgers that we will be having this weekend. I didn't want the ground beef sitting in the frig all week so I went ahead and froze it but before I did that I decided put it in the freezer, I would go ahead and season the meat and make it into patties.I made three because graham will want 2 and I will want one. And that is actually how many buns we have left in the freezer so it works out great!

So I just used salt, garlic pepper, Italian seasoning and sweet and zesty BBQ.


Then I mixed it up and formed it into 3 patties. Then I went ahead and wrapped them individually using the wrapping that they came in. Now when I take them out of the freezer I don't have to worry about them sticking together. They will also thaw faster since they are smaller. 


Do this and you will be ready to MakeBurgersForReal!


No comments:

Post a Comment