Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recipe: White Chili

     Today fall has definitely shown its cold and windy face. I was so glad that I had soup planned for tonight. I made white chili, my mom's recipe (thanks again mom!). You'll remember that I had made the chicken for this last week but due to some circumstances I couldn't make it. But today was the perfect soup day so I didn't mind! 

Here is the recipe for it! 

2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
2 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chicken broth or 16 frozen homemade chicken broth cubes
2 cans chopped green chiles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
½ cup heavy whipping cream

Saute first 3. Add ingredients through cayenne. Cook 30 minutes. Take off heat and add sour cream and whipping cream.

I mean, can this be any easier? This also makes for great leftovers because the flavors really marry. So go ahead, put this on your meal plan for next week, you won't regret it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment