Pages

Please leave me comments of what you would like to see in the future for tips and projects!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recipe: Mini Spinach Artichoke Frittatas

     Breakfast seems to be the hardest meal of the day for me. I get up early enough (6:00 a lot of days) and there never seems to be time for breakfast before I head out the door between 7 and 8. So I decided to make some Mini Spinach Artichoke Frittatas. These can be made ahead of time and kept in the frig, then popped in the toaster oven (I don't use microwaves) when you need a quick breakfast!

(Yes, I know there are only 11 but I had to try one! Lol!)

     This is my first time making these. You are actually supposed to make them in mini muffin tins but I just used a regular muffin tin. I found this recipe on Pinterest but it was originally from Kraft Recipes.

6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. flour (I used wheat wheat)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
Spoon mixture into 12 muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
Cool completely and put in resealable bag.
When ready to enjoy, heat in toaster oven.

Sept 19th Update:
So this morning Graham Cracker heated these up for breakfast and he loved them. He put them in our toaster oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. He had 3 of them so he must have loved them!!! Time to heat some up for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment